The Dream Meadow

Welcome to the land where your dreams live.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Plane Catastrophe

I'm on a plane with my mom, Susan, and Sarah. I'm sitting in the first row, just behind the pilots, who are just sitting in front of us, not sealed in a separate compartment like it usualy would be. I believe we are traveling to visit Mary Peterson for whatever reason. We are flying rather low over a river and it looks like we are about to fly under a bridge. The pilots are comminicating with the air traffic controllers and are concerned about the weather up ahead. There are some strong winds coming up. Then the pilots are very distraught as right in front of us is a tornado. One of the pilots says this is going to bring the plane down.

The crash is a fairly smooth ordeal. The plane spins a few times in the air, but we splash down in the river rather gently. Now we need to evacuate before the plane sinks. I grab a few survival things from the overhead compartment: water, bread, a life jacket, and a book. Then we move to the nearest exit. People are just standing there at the door so I pull the latch and open the door. A woman makes a jump from the plane and lands in a tree. The height is intimidating. It's not just an easy hop to the ground. The tree isn't too far down and the woman is okay from her jump. I decide to go next. I tell Sarah to hold on to my stuff and throw it to me after I'm on the ground. I make the jump and land on a few stacks of books. I do an odd balancing thing attempting not to fall, and then I hop to the ground. Sarah tosses me the supplies.

Then something bad happens (okay, worse...the crash was pretty bad). The plane starts to rock. It has sunk to the point of hitting solid ground and now it is teetering on that spot. I get the feeling we're going to have to balance the weight in order to get people out. Then it happens. The plane violently flips over and then flips back upright. I'm horrified that my family is undergoing such trauma. I also fear that we won't be able to save them. The woman who jumped first makes an attempt to run over and stop the insanity by putting something supportive next to the plane. How this woman was going to stop a giant plane from flipping back and forth is beyond me. I yell at her to get back. The violent flipping of the plane could easily crush her. After she gets a taste of nearly getting smashed like an ant, she backs off. Futility is setting in when a fortunate event happens. The plane flips over and stays that way. It appears stable enough that we can evacuate the rest of the people. I rush over to the nose of the aircraft and open a door right next to the pilots. They are happy to see me and disembark the aircraft. Now I position myself just outside the door and begin pulling people from the downed plane. I am impressed with my good sense under pressure and take great pleasure in assisting everyone. Police cars begin to arrive at the scene.

The police are not incredibly adept at handling such a catastrophe, but they do the best they can. They work with me to evacuate the people. The plane somehow is tilted up now and the police drag the tilted plane using a crane or something so that it is adjacent to a steep hill conveniently at the same angle as the plane. The hill reminds me of the inclined railroad at Pittsburgh. That's pretty much all I remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home