The Dream Meadow

Welcome to the land where your dreams live.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sesame Street Connection

I've been at my job for about 3 months. Throughout that time I haven't really been given anything to do. What I have been given has been pretty boring and unimportant. On Friday, my boss informed me that my role will be solidified and I will find myself busy again. Of course, the position isn't the best, but should be temporary. That's enough for the background.

I'm in the lobby of the company waiting for the elevator. I look around and see Bob from Sesame Street. Apparently he works at the company, but in the entertainment section because he stars on Sesame Street. Nevermind that my company has absolutely nothing to do with PBS or entertainment, but he was there and part of the company nonetheless. We started talking and he mentioned that he has a big influence in the company and would love to smooth things over with the boss of my boss. He was going to tell them how talented I am and that I should be doing big and important things. I'm feeling somewhat hesitant about the whole thing, but I'm not about to tell Bob that I don't want his help. This is Sesame Street Bob after all. You don't tell him to go away. We take a ride up in the elevator and get to my floor. He sees that the director is busy with some other people in a meeting of some sort. So, we wait outside. I decide to go put my laptop down at my desk. The director looks suspiciously like Gianni. I'm worried that Bob going in there and talking with him will look like I'm the one complaining, not Bob. This worries me because just last Friday we came to an agreement on my role, so this might seem really bad. I head back over to the director's office and the meeting appears to be going on still. I look around for Bob, but I can't find him. After a few minutes, the meeting begins to break up. I'm thinking about going back to my seat when Bob shows up. We both go into the director's office and Bob starts talking about what they need to do with me. Bob's celebrity status clearly has some pull, but I sense the director is very displeased with this situation. I don't really remember how it turns out. It's nice to have Bob on my side, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home